Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Toronto, ON | Ottawa, ON
Who you are:
As a seasoned financial leader, you lead by example, You always present a positive outlook and act with integrity in all matters. You are flexible, adaptable and remain calm under pressure. You enjoy being hands on and working within a fast paced entrepreneurial environment. You are a team player and enjoy actively working towards a healthy corporate environment by supporting corporate culture and values.
Who we are:
We are a dynamic Canadian Paytech company who has been recognized for the past three years as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are changing the face of alternative payments and our solutions offer organizations (government, enterprise, tech, financial services, and others) ways to reach challenging markets. We are passionate about modernizing payments to improve financial inclusion across the country. We have an open, collaborative work environment and believe in an open door policy. Some of our partners include: Amazon, PayPal, Paytm, Canada Post, Canada Revenue Agency, Intuit, Mastercard, VISA and Paysafe.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated and hands-on Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to help drive and manage the rapid growth of the firm. Reporting to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CFO will play a critical role in developing and implementing the strategy of Payment Source. As a core member of the leadership team at Payment Source, the successful candidate will be an advisor, evaluating and guiding other departments with their financial plans, and economic modeling and risk management. Working with a finance department of 7 team members, The CFO will be primarily responsible for the planning, implementation and, managementing of all fiscal operations within the organization including treasury and cash management, financial and operational reporting, financing, audit and compliance, budgeting and revenue assurance. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization. Payment Source offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Manage financial and management reporting including supporting information systems, cash flow, financial planning, budgeting, income and indirect taxes, performance management and safeguarding of assets
- Advise on high-level decisions about policy and strategy including potential mergers and acquisitions
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems
- Manage and optimize banking relationships
- Ensure compliance with provincial, and federal tax and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
- Evolve and maintain finance, accounting, billing, internal control and auditing procedures
- Provide consultative support to leadership team planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Ensure appropriate books and records are maintained
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems
- Analyze financial trends in revenues, cash flows, profitability, cost controls, expenses as appropriate providing relevant information for decision support
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assess organizational performance against the annual budget and long-term strategy
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Assist in establishing quarterly and yearly objectives and leadership meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, consultants, investment advisors).
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Oversee budgeting process including monitoring ongoing progress relative to budget and strategy
- Provide leadership direction and management of the finance team including recruitment, performance management and development
- Performs other responsibilities as necessary
What you’ll need to bring with you:
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation
- MBA, HBA or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 5 + years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule. Some travel required.
Our Core Values:
Start with the Customer: Every decision starts from the viewpoint of what is right for our Customers.
Pursue Growth & Learning: Continual learning lets us be a positive force inside and outside of the workplace.
Provide Access & Opportunity: We strive to provide equal opportunity for both our customers and our employees to be successful.
Be Accountable: Each of us takes ownership for the results of our actions.
Listen & Contribute: Collaboration is key to our success. First we listen to ensure we understand. Then we contribute to the discussion in a way that moves everyone forward.
Interact with Integrity & Respect: Treat others as you would like to be treated, and do the right thing.
Send your resume to: HR@paymentsource.ca to apply now.