Today Payment Source is pleased to announce the winners of the first annual Impact Awards. The Impact Awards, created to recognize employees who demonstrate the vision and core values of the company, are awarded in five categories each year. These categories are: Making A Difference, Think Big, Team Spirit, Inspirational Leader, and The George DeMarchi Award.
“With the tremendous growth of our company over the past few years, this was the perfect time to introduce company awards to recognize the contributions of our employees,” said Trevor Cook, CEO of Payment Source. “These awards are particularly important right now as our workforce is mostly virtual, so an engaged culture is significantly important to celebrate.”
The award criteria differs by award and each includes a key focus from Payment Source’s corporate vision.
- The Making a Difference Award recognizes individuals who give back to the community by donating their time and encouraging others to do the same. Awarded this year to Mike McKeown.
- The Think Big Award recognizes those individuals who think outside the box and make an extraordinary effort to pursue innovation, growth and learning. Awarded this year to Wesley Doerksen and Fernanda Correa.
- The Team Spirit Award recognizes individuals who help make the workplace a positive environment -focusing on employee engagement and culture. Awarded this year to Christine Baskin and Jamie Hutchison.
- The Inspirational Leadership Award recognizes when an individual takes initiative, is influential when taking on new challenges, and leads by example. Awarded this year to Tom Solecki.
- The George DeMarchi Award, named after our Co-Founder, is given to an individual who embodies more than one of the values/criteria of the other awards. Awarded this year to Matthew Goetz.
With open nominations, candidates can be entered into the award discussion annually by their peers, or by the management team.
“I’m very proud of this year’s winners and the high level of dedication they’ve shown the company and the community we live in,” says Robert Hyde, President of Payment Source. “The creation of The George DeMarchi award is especially significant to us during the inaugural year of these awards as it honours our Co-Founder who we lost this past year.”
Learn more about Payment Source at www.paymentsource.ca.
About Payment Source
Recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for three years in a row, Payment Source empowers inclusion by providing alternative payment solutions to organizations of all sizes to better serve their customers. Learn more about Payment Source at www.paymentsource.ca.
Director, Marketing & Communications