Upon hearing of the CRA’s situation, Payment Source recognized it possessed a unique set of attributes ideally suited to helping serve taxpayers:
- A wholly Canadian company offering local solutions
- A fintech with over ten years of payments experience and a dedicated development team
- A partnership with Canada Post Corporation enabling payment/collections at almost 6,000 post offices
Working with the CRA, Payment Source implemented a two-pronged solution:
- First, utilize the vast post office network as tax payment locations to enable Canadians in every corner of the country to pay their taxes in-person
- Second, build an online / mobile service PaySimply.ca to enable Canadians to pay their taxes anywhere, anytime -- the way they want to pay -- using all the major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Union Pay) or their PayPal account.
For the CRA, ensuring Canadians benefited from these new payment options required minimal effort and no additional transaction costs.
Canada Post utilized Payment Source’s award winning Loadhub technology platform which was available at all post offices to accept in-person payments. And Payment Source developed and launched its online tax payment service in a matter of months using its in-house development team. In both payment scenarios (in-person or online) funds are sent to the CRA via EFT and accompanied by a data rich EDI file containing all the information necessary to process the payment. And in both cases, taxpayers enjoy a simple, secure and convenient experience that meets their needs.